If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website at www.vivonet.com (the “Website”). We recommend that you check this Website periodically in order to review our current Policy. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the effective date that appears at the bottom of this Policy. Depending on the circumstances, we may also decide to send you a notice in other ways in our discretion, such as via email or other contact information you have provided that the Policy was changed. If you continue to use our Products after the Policy changed or notice of the change has been given, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Information We Collect
When you use our Products, we collect the following types of information:
- Account information: When you use our Products you may create an account or a user profile. If you create an account, you will need to provide us with login credentials (which may include username, password, your name, company name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number).
- Staff information: When you use our Products you may enter information about your staff. For example, you may enter your staff’s name, address, email, phone number, salary, payroll ID, their work schedule, and history of check in and out. You may also enter messages in our Products in order to communicate with your staff for items like their work schedule and emergencies.
- General usage data: When you use our Products we collect information about your use. For example, we track who makes changes to menu items and prices so it is known who made the changes, what changes were made, and when they were made.
- Purchase and payment Information: While payments made through our Products are processed through a third party, we may collect information to administer, manage, and fulfill the purchases you make. For example, we may collect your name, email address, account information, what is ordered, the date and time of the order, the quantity and price of the order, whether payment was made, method of payment, purchase history, and if you re-ordered.
- Third party information: Our Products integrate with third party products including loyalty and gift card providers. Your loyalty and gift card account numbers and balances from these third parties will be stored temporarily on some of our Products and portions of the account numbers along with the value of points added or deducted will be stored permanently.
- Quality assurance and customer service: Your customer service telephone calls and emails with us and our service providers may be recorded, logged, or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes such as to assist in addressing your inquiries, troubleshooting, training and analytics to identify trends and make improvements to our Products. As part of the recording and logging of the calls and emails, we will collect information like the identity of the caller or sender of email, the date and time of the call or email, and the subject and resolution of the issue.
Some of this information would not by itself identify you to us or be personally identifiable and is therefore considered non-personal information. If we combine any such non-personal information with other personal information available to us, the combined information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2. Our Use of Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect about you:
- to understand and meet your needs and preferences, and/or to provide you with our Products, for example:
- for purposes related to the billing, activation, provision, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, resolving of disputes, deactivation, upgrade, or update of Products;
- to do inventory analysis, forecasting, to suggest orders, place orders, process orders, fulfill orders you place, send you e-mails to confirm the order status and shipment, send you Products or goods you order, and allow you to pay for Products and goods you order;
- to ensure Products are technically functioning as intended and to help identify and troubleshoot issues;
- to fulfill or enforce any agreements or notices we provide and are associated with a particular Product (“Notices”);
- to manage or respond to your inquiries;
- to develop new and enhance existing Products including to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you upgrades or updates, or notices of upgrades or updates of Products;
- to manage and develop our business and operations, for example;
- to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our property;
- to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
- to enforce our legal rights;
- for statistical purposes;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, for example:
- to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
- to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others; or
- for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in Notices, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information.
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
You may update your communication preferences anytime by writing us at email@example.com.
3. To whom we Disclose your Personal Information
In accordance with this Policy, we may share your personal information:
- within Vivonet and/or with our service providers such as a cloud service provider in Canada, the United States, and the European Economic Area for data storage;
- with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us;
- if we have your consent;
- with franchisors and franchisees and third parties involved in providing our Products to you which may include authorized resellers, distributors, and merchants of record or payment processors;
- and any and all information about your use of the Products, including your Browsing Data (as defined below), with your employer or its agents if your employer has provided you with access to the Products;
- as necessary to complete any transactions while using our Products;
- respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
- protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
- as otherwise required by law; or
- if we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of its assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information,
At any time you can contact us to: stop receiving e-mails from us; review the personal information held by us in connection with your account; withdraw your consent for our use and disclosure of your information; request a list of third parties to which we may have provided your personal information; close your account; and amend your personal information, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Vivonet Acquisition Ltd., 1790 – 1188 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6E 4A2. You can always unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails from us by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every promotional e-mail from us.
If you contact us to do any of the things listed above, we may require you to provide sufficient personal information to allow us to identify you and tell you about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and this personal information will only be used for this purpose. If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws.
When you visit the Website, we collect certain information by automated means, such as through server log files, cookies (text files sent to and stored on your device when you access the Website), web beacons (also known as clear GIFs and pixel tags, which may be used to transmit information back to the Website), and embedded scripts (programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on, and which is active only when you are accessing the Website).
The information we collect in this manner may include details about the computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Website (such as browser type, operating system, and IP address), referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third-party web analytics services to help us analyze how visitors use the Website. We may permit these third parties to operate directly on the Website, use their own technology (such as cookies or web beacons), and collect information about you on our behalf.
In some instances, we may also combine information we receive about you from third parties with information we collect through the Website.6. Security
We aim to provide you with a safe experience. We have in place certain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to appropriately protect the security and privacy of your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
We limit access to your personal information within Vivonet to individuals with a need to know.
Your personal information may be collected, used, processed, transferred, and retained in multiple countries including Canada, the United States, and the European Economic Area which may be outside the region in which you are situated and may have different privacy or data protection legislation, and may therefore be subject to the laws of these countries. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or a country which restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction or region without your consent, by using our Products, you consent to your personal information being transferred outside of the European Economic Area or your country for processing or storage by or on behalf of us.7. Links to Other Sites
The Website and Products are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonably efforts to delete such personal information from our database.9. Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments or wish to make a complaint about this Policy, please feel free to contact us by emailing is at email@example.com, or by delivery in person, by courier or by the mail, to us at Vivonet Acquisition Ltd., 1790 – 1188 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6E 4A2. If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on the circumstances and applicable laws, we may refuse to process certain access requests (for example, access requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, would be extremely impractical or require disproportionate technical effort).
Effective Date: April 20, 2016